IVS FEB RAS Repository Policies
for information describing items in the repository
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- The metadata must be re-used in any medium for not-for-profit purposes without formal permission provided the OAI Identifier or a link to the original metadata record are given.
for full-text and other full data items
- Anyone may access full items free of charge.
- Single copies of full items can be:
- reproduced, and displayed or performed
- for personal research or study, educational, or not-for-profit purposes without prior permission or charge.
- the authors, title and full bibliographic details are given
- a hyperlink and/or URL are given for the original metadata page
- the original copyright statement is given
- the original rights permission statement is given
- the content is not changed in any way
- Full items must not be harvested by robots except transiently for full-text indexing or citation analysis
- Full items must not be sold commercially in any format or medium without formal permission of the copyright holders.
- Some full items are individually tagged with different rights permissions and conditions.
- This repository is not the publisher; it is merely the online archive.
- Mention of IVS FEB RAS Repository is mandatory.
for types of document & data set held
- This is an institutional or departmental repository.
- Subject Specialities:
- Earth Sciences
- Ecology and Environment
- IVS FEB RAS Repository is restricted to:
- Journal articles
- Bibliographic references
- Conference and workshop papers
- Theses and dissertations
- Unpublished reports and working papers
- Books, chapters and sections
- Learning Objects
- Multimedia and audio-visual materials
- Other special item types
- Deposited items may include published versions (publisher-created files)
- Items are individually tagged with their publication status.
- Principal Languages: Russian; English
concerning depositors, quality & copyright
- Items may only be deposited by accredited members, academic staff, and employees of the institution, or their delegated agents.
- Eligible depositors must deposit bibliographic metadata for all their publications.
- Eligible depositors must deposit full texts of all their publications, although they may delay making them publicly visible to comply with publishers' embargos.
- The administrator only vets items for the eligibility of authors/depositors, relevance to the scope of IVS FEB RAS Repository, valid layout & format, and the exclusion of spam
- The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is the sole responsibility of the depositor.
- Items can be deposited at any time, but will not be made publicly visible until any publishers' or funders' embargo period has expired.
- If IVS FEB RAS Repository receives proof of copyright violation, the relevant item will be removed immediately.
- Items will be retained indefinitely.
- IVS FEB RAS Repository will try to ensure continued readability and accessibility.
- Items will be migrated to new file formats where necessary.
- Where possible, software emulations will be provided to access un-migrated formats.
- IVS FEB RAS Repository is working with external partners to convert or migrate file formats
- IVS FEB RAS Repository regularly backs up its files according to current best practice.
- Items may be removed at the request of the author/copyright holder.
- Acceptable reasons for withdrawal include:
- Journal publishers' rules
- Proven copyright violation or plagiarism
- Legal requirements and proven violations
- National Security
- Falsified research
- Withdrawn items are not deleted per se, but are removed from public view.
- Withdrawn items' identifiers/URLs are retained transiently.
- URLs will continue to point to 'tombstone' citations, to avoid broken links and to retain item histories, with:
- a link to a replacement version, where available
- If necessary, an updated version may be deposited.
- The earlier version may be withdrawn from public view.
- The item's persistent URL will always link to the latest version.
- In the event of IVS FEB RAS Repository being closed down, the database will be transferred to another appropriate archive.